This is my favorite chicken parmesan with a deliciously crispy coating and even better with my homemade spaghetti sauce!
This recipe has a few more steps but so worth it and made just a little easier with my Spaghetti sauce.
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
salt and pepper to season
3 large chicken breast halved horizontally to make 6 fillets
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon garlic or onion powder
1/2 cup olive oil for frying
8 oz mozzarella cheese sliced
1/3 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
1. Preheat oven 425 lightly grease an oven tray or baking dish set aside
2. Whisk together eggs, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Add chicken into the egg mixture and coat each fillet well. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for at least 15 minutes or overnight if time allows for a deeper flavor.
3. Mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese garlic powder together in a separate bowl. Dip chicken into breadcrumbs mixture to evenly coat.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat until hot and shimmering. Fry chicken until golden brown about 4-5 minutes per side.
5. Place chicken on prepared baking dish and top each breast with about a 1/3 cup of sauce and top with mozzarella cheese and about 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese sprinkle with basil.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and melted and chicken is completely cooked through.
Serve with your favorite pasta, mashed potatoes, steamed or roasted veggies and salad for a delish meal that your family will be asking for over and over.